Internship: Summer Fund Development Intern
Summer Fund Development Intern (unpaid)
Dates: July 5 – August 6, 2021
5 – 10 hours weekly
This is an unpaid internship intended to provide training and professional experience for or to students or other appropriate individuals whose career interests includes fundraising, donor stewardship, grant writing, communications, and other institutional advancement duties. This internship will provide practical entry-level experience by working directly with the Development and Events Manager to provide support for day-to-day administration (duties or operations) as well as special projects and events.
Please send cover letter and resume to Erin McQuay – email@example.com or mail to Hope House of St. Croix Valley, Attn: Erin McQuay, 451 Everett St N, Stillwater, MN 55082.
- Gain professional hands-on experience in fundraising and prospect management at a long-standing non-profit organization in the St. Croix Valley
- Support the Development Department by assisting with creating histories of proposals, moves, and donations to the capitol campaign, prospect and donor events, and planned giving
- The chance to further develop professional skills and explore potential careers within the health sector of non-profit organizations
- Gain experience with prospect research, donor relations & stewardship and fundraising events, including one major (special) event scheduled for August 2, 2021
- The chance to network professionally within the non-profit sector of the St. Croix Valley
Number of Positions Available
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and fingerprinting
- Available to intern a minimum of 5 weeks (scheduling can be flexible according to academic schedule and individual needs)
- Available to commit a minimum of 5-10 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Donorview experience is preferred but not required
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects is desired, as well as following directions
- Energetic and ready to do a variety of jobs
- Candidates must have outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational, research, and editorial skills
- Must be reliable, flexible and work well with others
- Must have reliable transportation for errands as events demand
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and submit to our routine temperature checks and mask mandates.
About Hope House of St. Croix Valley:
After 27 years of serving people living with HIV through our flagship foster care program, Hope House is expanding operations beyond our walls to include aging in place services for people with HIV and individuals in the LGBTQA+ community. Our expansion is strategic. Our growth depends on our dedicated and mission-focused staff who is future-directed with a keen interest in making a contribution to the lives of the people we serve throughout Minnesota.
451 North Everett Street
Stillwater, MN 55082
Hope House of St. Croix Valley
451 Everett Street North
Stillwater, MN 55082
P: (651) 351-0907 | F: (651) 351-9510
Hope House of St. Croix Valley provides people experiencing life-changing health challenges access to compassionate care that respects their dignity and choices.
Hope House of St. Croix Valley envisions a future where all people have access to programs and services to live their best life.
Connect with Us
© 2022 Hope House. All rights reserved.